Saturday, August 28, 2010
These are a few of my favorite things
In light of how freaking stressful the past week has been, I'm going to try to remind myself of some of the great things in this world. To get past the stress, there are some things that can help.
1. good books
2. good times with friends
3. my son Cirdan
4. my hubby Chris (when he's not giving me stress--love you, hon!)
6. Ashley, Sam, Jennie, Vanessa Y, Vanessa C, Tom, Kara, Neda, Mary, Keith, Alex, Alison...
7. Goddess and God, and all their fellows: when I talk, I know they listen
8. really good sushi
9. baking with my son
10. movies: X-Men, Lord of the Rings, Sabrina, Sliding Doors, Resident Evil, Free Enterprise, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: the Undiscovered Country, Star Wars Episode 3, Clerks 2, Chasing Amy, Mists of Avalon, Indiana Jones, Spaceballs, Harry Potter, X-Files: Fight the Future
11. books: Obsidian Butterfly, Doc Holliday's Woman, X-Files: Skin, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, Stormwalker, Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids all in a Row, Dark Mirror, The Trials of Tiffany Trott, Jurassic Park, Carpe Demon, I'm the Vampire That's Why
12. my lady Sekhmet: protector of our family and all-around badass
13. favorite kids show: Garfield, Backyardigans
14. watching the clouds build and the storms roll in
15. good fan fiction
17. a nice, warm bed and soft pillows
18. spending time with my nieces and nephew
19. really good incense
20. remembering the thrill of holding my book in my hands for the first time
21. really good sex
22. knowing that someone will look at me and tell me it's going to be okay
23. warm sake
24. take-out from the Red Dragon chinese restaurant
25. the smell of rain in the desert
Ahh. Feeling better now. Of course there are other things, but I have to stop at some point.
So, what are some of YOUR favorite things?