Thursday, August 12, 2010

Breathe

That's what I keep telling myself. Sometimes the days are going so well and then one moment makes it all break apart. Nothing drastic, but enough to get you from a reasonable mood to unbearably ticked off. It makes it that much harder to get back into a healthier space, not to mention a better creative space. It makes me sad to know there are just some people out there who do not have the same comprehension of basic principles--like responsibility, civility, and dedication.

But, I suppose that's nothing new.

On that note, I am pleased to say I am taking a mini-break. We are heading to the bright lights of Las Vegas tomorrow to go visit my lovely sister and her family. I hope to come back refreshed and ready to start again. Of course, 36 hours (roughly) isn't exactly the equivalent of a two week excursion to the Bahamas, but I'll take it.

On a happy note, I've been writing again. There's still a lot of road left to travel, but I'm working on it. I had a scene hit me at work today, which I penned on my lunch break.

Eventually, I will finish this book. And then... the real hard work begins.

So to help keep me going, and to give you guys something to enjoy, I shall give one for the guys, and one for the gals. And what the heck, I found an extra one. I'm loving me some Duchovny, leave me alone. If you don't know the other guy, then for crying out loud, go and rent some Joss Whedon shows. I love the subtle Eliza as well; the over-made up Faith was always a bit too much.

Enjoy, as I tear tracks for Vegas!

Best,

Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment