Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good times



The signing at Mesa was yesterday, and while it was actually fairly slow that day, I still got to talk to a lot of interesting people. It amazes me how many people are actually always talking about writing. So many women I spoke with said that they had a book started but never found the time, or converted to short stories, or want to write a book, and they asked me how I got started. Well, since I started with a self-published title and I work for Borders which has earned me the round trip signings, I suppose it's been a smidgen easier for me. I'm not raking in sales yet, but I'm making them here or there.




Everyone wishes me congratulations and good luck, which is well appreciated. I remind myself that it's about networking: get my name out there, connect with people. And that's what I did yesterday. It was nice. I actually love meeting people that way; it's a much different experience than meeting people while I sell coffee. When I'm at the table, I'm free to walk, to embrace any topic that comes out, and to use the time to find out more about the people.

SO! On that note, I have two more signings to announce:

Saturday, July 24th, 2010
2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Borders Books and Music
4555 E. Cactus
Phoenix, AZ


Saturday, July 31st, 2010
2:00-4:00 p.m.
Borders Books and Music
5870 E. Broadway Blvd #448
Tucson, AZ

Noticing a pattern yet?

Well, Borders has been great to me. Thank you to Josh Canham, Cynthia Coughlin and Robin C at Borders, Mesa, for yesterday!

I hope to see more lovely people soon.

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment