Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ain't, Shan't and Won't

I don't know: it sounded good at the time!

Well, I ain't going to make too much of it. I shan't waste too much of your time. I won't make things boring!

So last week was my book event, and thanks go out to Donovan and Adam Montierth--and Jason!--for having me at the Book Rack. It's their family store, and it's one of the cutest little places I've ever had the pleasure of being in. A real personalized touch that can be felt the moment you walk in the door, the Book Rack has become one of my new favorite places. So if you're ever in the West Valley, head down to Signal Butte and the US-60, and go visit the Book Rack.

The guys were awesome and gave me a great display table, and out front was a big sign "Come meet Margaret Mater!" That was a first, and really cool to boot. I loved the area, and it was a great time. See below!



Since the event was a weekday, and just after spring break, the timing probably could have been better. But on the plus side, I got to talk to a few new people, including the guys at the store, and it was a very pleasant afternoon.

I'm also please to say they've invited me back for a second chance: Wednesday, April 20th, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. That's right, all, I will be back, and you WILL come out! Come on: a super bookstore, lovely weather, and me, your friendly literary guide. Mark your calenders and come on out!

In other news, I've been too distracted by the gorgeous weather around these parts to make much use of my brain. In other words, I've been putting off writing again. Bah! Well, that, and the stress has been getting to me.

But no more!

Things are going to change, and I will move forward: in life, writing, and the pursuit of merchandising.

That's all for now. Ta, loves!

But before I go, I will leave you with a little picture, just because I can:




*Don't sue me; it's not mine.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you! I was looking through the boxes of books I still haven't unpacked and found yours!!! It is in a prominent spot on one of my bookshelves!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete