Monday, December 27, 2010

Alas, I am a Slacker

Good day all!

I regret to inform everyone that I am a total slacker. Being laid off made me extremely unmotivated to write much of anything; updating on Facebook was about as good as it got.

However, as I am gainfully employed once more and have no further excuses, I shall persevere!

Normally I do not make New Years resolutions, and to be fair this one is more of a life goal that I had anyway: I had already tried to finish my next manuscript by August. Well, that so didn't happen. So, my new goal is to finish it within the next month and to get it bought up this year. A real, honest to pete publisher. With a real, honest to pete agent too.

So there's my goal.

I'm currently torn once more: I'm furthest along on my new romance novel, but I've been getting interested again in my thriller. And I say thriller because it's very different, but in reality it will probably be labeled as sci-fi. I just realized how very much research is in order, and realistically speaking, finishing the romance is a better bet. Of course the end goal is to finish and sell both, so one step at a time.

So, in anyone's opinion, romance or sci-fi? Which is your pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment